The Power of Story to Connect Us
Date: Sunday September 30, 2018
Location: 1634 University Blvd NE
$5 cash at the door
Part 1: How Stories Connect Us
An entertaining and vibrant afternoon starting at 3pm with interactive lobby fun, sharing stories, then short flicks and storytellers galore. Storytellers include Ramona King, Ebony Booth, Kim Delfina Gleason, Mary Oishi and Rose Ann Samudio.
The Power of Story asks "what is story?" and demonstrates how story can connect us. The launch of this series includes 5 professional NM Storytellers weaving a tapestry of connection and story with 7 short films that include 4 NM based or sprung from filmmakers. Stories include:
- "Our Turn to Walk" an Arts Lab Film by Hue Walker
- "El Salon Mexico" Animation by Tam King (from NM) and Paul Glickman. Directed and produced by Paul Glickman
- "El Carta" Written and Directed by Angel Manuel Soto Vazquez. Producers Frances Lausell and Angel Manuel Soto
- "Malala" Producer, NMWIF MEMBER Leilani Gushiken. "Give back to girls what poverty and war tried to take away" Malala.org
- "Nui Nui's Story" directed by NMWIF MEMBER Mariel McEwan. Written and Produced by Jia Wu
- "Glimpse" directed by Enrique Mendoza, written by Dan Moore, Produced by Eric Medina
- "Kiosk" created and directed by Anete Melece. Produced by Saskia Von Virag
Look for updates on our Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/265286177424870/
Save the Date: Mentor Mania
One of our most popular, sell-out events! Mentor Mania is like speed dating for actors! In private, approx. 5 minute meetings, you will have one-on-one time with major New Mexico casting directors AND talent agents. Look for our email updates in October for more information!
NMWIF Screenwriters Group
The NMWIF Screenwriters Group is a collection of writers & actors who meet every other week to read and give feedback on new work. For writers in every stage of development and for actors wanting to sharpen their reading skills. You do not have to be an NMWIF member to join.
September 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th
(Weekly on Mondays)
6pm - 8pm
Horn Family YMCA
4901 Indian School Road NE
(conference room in basement)
more info: Jim Sea at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our page on FB!
September 10th and 24th
(2nd and 4th Monday)
6pm - 9pm
actors 7pm - 9pm
Santa Fe, NM
more info: Caitlyn email@example.com